Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Not brushing hair everyday. Is this ok?

Ok, well I am a teen and about 2 months ago I was straightening my hair basically 4 days a week, and brushing my hair right after a shower. Well now, I take a shower and let my hair stay up in a towel un brushed. I have been taking showers before school and then just using mousse to keep it curly. It's easier, and I figure a lot less damage. I see so many teens in my school with damaged hair and it looks so bad. My hair is thick to, and it was starting to get damaged, so is it ok to brush your hair maybe every 4 or 5 days - 2 weeks. What do you think about this?Not brushing hair everyday. Is this ok?
Brushing the hair


◦Brushing the hair with any type of brush whether it's a ball tip or bristol brush actually rips your hair out. Instead of brushing for stimulation try massaging your scalp with your finger tips for 10 minutes. To untangle the hair only use a wide tooth comb. If you are wearing a ponytail or bun style only use a soft boar brush on damp hair and gently smooth down the hair. Never use a brush in dry hairNot brushing hair everyday. Is this ok?
I do the same thing and rarely brush it unless somehow it gets knotty. It is actually better not to brush it my friend hasn't in 2 years but make sure you condition it good. (:
actually i wouldn't brush your hair at all. brushes damage your hair wet or not wet. advice for the future - buy a comb it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment