Monday, February 6, 2012

Putting on make up and brushing hair in public do you think this is wrong

when I was young it just was not done but now they sit on buses and trains putting it all on was it just me that was brought up to believe you just did it in bedroom or bathroom in privatePutting on make up and brushing hair in public do you think this is wrong
Margaret - we were raised the same way - in the bedroom or the bathroom - - - besides brushing hair causes it to fly everywhere - - - very unhealthy. And NO LADY would apply her make up in public.


CJPutting on make up and brushing hair in public do you think this is wrong
I don't think there is anything wrong with it. If you are lucky enough to have the time to only apply make-up in privacy then you should be thankful. Some people have very busy lives looking after and getting children ready, preparing for the day, taking the children to school, getting their work done and getting to work. If they are that busy that they need to apply their make-up in the car or on the bus on the way to work/school then who am I to complain? I applaud these women for battling through. I know I wouldn't have the time to apply make-up in the morning.
This is hard to answer and there bound to be rebuffs. I would suggest the person get up a little earlier to finish their hygiene at home, where it's suppose to be done.


Being a driver for the county, formerly, I have seen everything. Ladies putting on finger nail paint, trying to spray their hair and drive. The best was a lady that was pulling into a Wal-Mart as I was pulling out.


She had a paper cup of coffee in one hand, a lit cigarette in one hand, she was speaking on the cell and trying to turn the steering wheel with the aid of her knees, she should have been in Ripley's.
I ride on buses full of college students all the time I have never seen that, but alot of the girls shower and shampoo their hair just before hopping on the bus and their hair is dripping wet, summer ,winter, spring and fall the bus smells like strawberries and vanilla lol, quite heavenly lol. I think they all use the same shampoos.


I did not wear makeup until I was about 38, except for coral lipstick which I did not put on in public. I have been driving to work on a very busy S. Calif. freeway and have seen women putting on their make up while driving.
I hate to see people putting on their make up in public places. I too was bought up to believe that some things are done in private and your make up was personal to you and therefore should be done in suitable places. I love women to wear make up, I think if it makes you look and feel better you should wear it with pride - but put it on behind closed doors!





:)
I do not have a problem with it anywhere in public, except at 72 miles per hour down the interstate in rush hour traffic...I have seen ladies driving in the passing lane, steering with their knees, both hands putting on makeup, and face to the mirror...Men are just as bad, as a man passed me on I-40 Eastbound, reading the newspaper...Do in public what you have to do, but be safe about it....
Yes is is wrong and simply bad etiquette .....HOWEVER.........When I or you see somebody do it, you instantly say look at her with her bad manners....but.....do you dwell on it ...no you think about it for about 30 seconds and then it goes completely out of your mind and it does not ruin the night. With this simple mind blowing experiment of what you actually remember, at the age of 48 years I now do it in public knowing full well that within 1 minute people just forget and get on with their night out. 1Minute is quicker that the 10 minutes it takes you to go to a cloakroom to brush hair etc simple!!!
Absolutely wrong. You do it in private before you leave the house.


When I was at school (1960s) we were hauled over the coals if we had been spotted AT WEEKENDS eating sweets in the street, and the girls got exactly the same treatment if they were seen wearing trousers. What you've put in your question is still inexcusable.
I don't really see any harm in it in this day and age of rushing around. That is providing stray hair is not being brushed on the clothes of others. Also that it is not causing any danger to the person or others. I mention this after some time ago watching a TV programme which amazingly showed females driving with one hand and applying make up in their car mirror.
I'm 27 and I would never brush my hair or put make up on in public. I don't understand why women do it on public transport. If you don't have time at home get up 10 minutes earlier!





I don't think its a question of age and just being young people I think its more a questions of having no manners
Of course you do that kind of thing in private, its common as muck to do it in public, some girls seem to think its ok, but you should always keep a bit of mystery about you, no wonder men have no respect for women these days.






These actions may not be ';wrong'; but they are in very poor taste. It shows a lack of class and breeding. But then, so does talking on a cell phone in public, but that doesn't seem to bother the boors doing the talking...
They do many things these days that we never did in public. We didn't used to eat in the street either and certainly didn't kiss and cuddle. I think it just indicates the lack of respect for others that exists in today's society.
Not only is it not good etiquette to put on make up in public but its also unhygienic to brush your hair in public. I really hate to see people driving cars and doing this rather than paying attention to the road.
Yes putting on make-up and brushing your hair in public is wrong. You should only do those things in a restroom or the privacy of ur own home. Some people may find it offensive depending on were you are.
idk...i agree with the hair...but when you get up 5 in the morning and have to rush to school...and yuo have a 3 hour commute..and the only time you have for makeup is the train...i dont think their is anything wrong with it...
I don't do my make up but I do brush my hair in public. It gets soo frizzy and messed up after the wind blows or cars go by that I have to do it. Otherwise I would look like a mad woman.
Well I am 35..not old and not young and I have always thought it a horrible habit...especially the hair brushing! I was taught to never do those things in public, nor to eat whilst in the street.
I was brought up the same. I never comb my hair in public, always in the bathroom, same as make up.
It's quite rude, yes. If someone doesn't have enough time to get ready before they leave the house, they need to get up 10 minutes earlier.
Not wrong necessarily but certainly tacky. No one has any shame or decorum these days. It's sad.
That's why they have mirrors in the bathroom. I really don't care to watch folks groom themselves in public.
I think it's very rude. That should be done in private and not for all to see. I agree with you girl.
That's just disgusting.
yes do it in private is correct .. We were brought up rather better than a lot of today's people
As long as they're not doing it in a car. I've seen women curling their hair with curling irons while they drive!
Yes. I was taught it was bad manners, and looked trashy.
it makes u look quite vain, i only put lip gloss on in public
  • jabbawockeez mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment